วันเสาร์ที่ 19 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

Wireless always lost? sometime RTS Threshold can help you.

for a four day ago I use my internet Wifi access and found that my place is very low signal.
I try to do many things such that set wireless card to always on (not sleep) , let's it use only G not auto choose , etc.

And Today I rather success. It lost connection less often.
After I change my RTS Threshold.

I little search for knowledge to decide to change it and get this.

There are several trade-offs to consider setting this parameter.

Using a small value causes RTS packets to be sent more often, consuming more of the available bandwidth, therefore reducing the apparent throughput of the network packet.

However, the more RTS packets that are sent, the quicker the system can recover from interference or collisions -- as would be the case in a heavily loaded network, or a wireless network with much electromagnetic interference.

that from http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1158

yep! I can use better now that's good.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: